In this article, we’ll shortly describe the best online casino available in Australia.
Gambling Laws in Australia
In Australia, there is no single main law that would control all aspects of the gambling industry in the whole country. Since Australia is divided into eight regions, the gambling sphere is managed at both the Federal and Territory levels.
However, there is the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 which defines that:
- It’s illegal to provide some interactive gambling activities, such as online casinos, to someone in Australia. Examples include roulette, poker, craps, online ‘pokies’, and blackjack.
- Any game of chance is prohibited under the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 if it’s offered to someone who is physically in Australia.
Under the IGA, it is an offense to:
- Provide a prohibited interactive gambling service to customers in Australia.
- Provide unlicensed gambling services.
- Provide an Australian-based interactive gambling service to customers in designated countries.
But note, that all of the above statements are important for gambling providers and not for ordinary punters. Simple gamblers will not be punished or fined in any way for playing at online casinos.
What you really should think about, though, is choosing the right venue. A good deal of sites are ready to accept Australian punters and offer them huge welcome packages, just do a little check-up on it before you deposit your money. Or if you don’t want to waste your time searching for the right gambling venue just examine our list of the best online casinos.
Are Casinos with Malta Gaming Authority and Curaçao’s Licenses Legal in Australia?
As we said above, the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 clearly denotes that in Australia all unlicensed regulated interactive gambling services are prohibited. Thus, no, they are not legal.
Casino Payment Methods Popular in Australia
Here is the list of the Australian far-famed payment methods:
- Debit and Credit Cards. The most popular credit/debit cards offered in Australia, facing online casinos are those bearing the Visa, MasterCard, and Amex brands.
- Bitcoin. It’s well known that Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and fast enough — that’s why this method is also popular in Australia.
- Neosurf. It is a widely accepted Australian casino payment method that uses a voucher system.
- UPayCard. Works like most e-wallet accounts: supports online transactions along with virtual or physical MasterCard accounts.
The Most Famous Casinos in Australia
- Adelaide Casino. Located in Southern Australia, the Adelaide Casino offers punters a spectacular experience with its Sky Channel feature and information touch screens.
- The Star Casino. The venus located in Sydney is one of Sydney’s main attractions. The venue offers award-winning restaurants, as well as a nightclub and events center, a 16-room day spa, and other exciting stuff.
- Crown Casino. Situated in Melbourne the venue offers customers private tables along with a good number of tournament chips and a variety of options for a drink and food. The complex also regularly hosts many tournaments like Aussie Millions Poker Championship and Melbourne Cup Sweep Tournament.
Australian Mobile Casinos & Apps
Many online casinos nowadays provide mobile versions of their sites and mobile apps for downloading. The majority of online casinos welcoming Australian web-punters provide such extra features, so if you prefer playing on your mobile or tablet don’t worry — whichever online casino you choose will provide excellent mobile adaptability.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Gamble Online in Australia?
It’s illegal but still quite possible. In any way, whichever casino you choose will be prohibited in Australia.
Are There Any Bonuses for Australian Punters?
Yes, there are. Each online casino offers a wide range of welcome packages.
How to Choose the Right and Trustworthy Casino for Gambling?
We advise you to take a look at our list of the best online casinos for Australian gamblers.
How to Get Access to Blocked Casinos?
Try using mirrors or VPN.