The Czech Republic is a country full of engrossed web punters and casino fans. There are a lot of online casinos available in the Czechia, so we’ve made a short article about them, describing both their pros, cons, and features.
Gambling Laws in Czechia
Gambling in Czechia is regulated by the 2016 law of interactive gambling. It defines these key moments:
- The operation of online games of chance without a basic license is illegal.
- Any foreign operators must be registered in the Czech Republic and pay taxes there.
Any unlicensed sites will be blocked by the Czech government.
- All organized forms of gambling can be offered online, except tombola and small card tournaments.
- Online games of chance can be operated only via web pages available in the Czech language.
- Servers used to operate online games of chance must be located in EU/EEA member states.
Are Casinos Licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority Legal in Czechia?
Shortly put, no. There is a Gambling Act that stops offshore gambling operators from offering their services to Czech citizens. The Ministry was granted the power to place a gambling operator without a Czech license on a blacklist.
Casino Payment Methods Popular in the Czech Republic
The majority of licensed online casinos offer Czech punters a bunch of payment and withdrawal methods. Here is the list of the most popular ways to replenish your funds or get them out of an online casino while gambling in the Czech Republic:
- Card (Visa and Mastercard)
- Prepaid Cards (Paysafecard service)
- eWallet (such as Skrill and PayPal)
- Bank Transfer.
The Most Famous Land-Based Casinos in Czechia
- The most famous casino in Prague is the Ambassador Casino on Wenceslas Square, right next to the Ambassador Hotel. Founded in 1992 by the VIP Club company, this welcoming venue is excellent for novices and more experienced players alike. The casino doesn’t charge any fees and there is no dress code.
- King’s Resort is a casino and resort positioned in Rozvadov. In 2009, the venue began focusing on poker. Now the casino offers over 160 poker tables making it the largest poker room in Europe. Poker tournaments are held daily with guaranteed prizes reaching €3 000 and higher.
Czech Mobile Casinos & Apps
Nearly all online casinos in Czechia, even unlicensed ones, provide punters with downloadable mobile apps and mobile versions of their sites. So, if you like gambling while traveling this is your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can Czech Gamblers Get Welcome Bonuses?
Yes, of course. If you register at a licensed online casino, then after verifying the account and making the first deposit you’ll get the welcome bonus.
Is It Safe for Players from the Czech Republic to Gamble Online?
Gambling in the Czech Republic is safe as long as you play at a legal casino that complies with the local rules and regulations.
How to Find the Perfect Place to Gamble Online?
Take a look at our list of the best online casinos in the Czech Republic. There we compiled only reliable casinos.
What to Do If I Can’t Get Access to the Online Casino?
Try using VPN or mirrors.